Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Jesus, Your Jesus

I've been doing this blog for about a month now. If you have followed along you know my testimony, and you know what God has done for me. How He has restored me, and set me free, even though I have messed up so many times in my life. My Jesus has always been there to pick me up, and in the times when I couldn't walk, He so lovingly carried me. And just as He longed for a relationship with me, and has always been there for me. He longs for a relationship with you and will always be there for you as well. Revelation 3:20 says Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

I personally have never had the privilege of helping to lead someone to the Lord. But I would like to take that opportunity now. What God did for me, I know He can do for you. I can honestly say from personal experience that once the Lord touches your life you will never be the same again. If you will allow me I would like to share with you how you to can find your way to my Jesus, so that He will become YOUR Jesus too.

You may be saying, hey wait a second I'm a good person, I haven't killed anyone, or done anything majorly wrong. Why would God consider me a sinner? The first thing we need to do is recognize our need for a Saviour. The Bible tells us in Rom 3:23 " for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, "

And to realize that sin has a penalty Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".

But we have Hope because God the Father made a way of provision for us to get to Him through Jesus Christ His Son. Rom 5:8 tells us "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us".

And because He made a way for us, we can respond to His call to us Rom 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".

So to just do a quick recap of things, We first must admit that we are all sinners that we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23). That we must "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" (Acts 16:31). And confess your faith "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Romans 10:9-10).

Like I said in an earlier post I'm not a preacher, or a missionary, and my purpose here is to simply be real with you. I'm not here to condemn or judge you in any way. But I do know that one day I realized I needed a Saviour. Jesus came to this earth and died for my sins, so that I could come to the Father, and receive forgiveness. And even if you were the only person on this planet, Jesus still would have come and died for you, because He loves you so much.

If you are at the end of your rope like I was, and simply rededicate your life to Christ, or if you have never received Christ into your heart and you really want to receive Him, would you simply pray this prayer with all of your heart. " Dear Lord Jesus, I see that I have a need for You in my life, and for the gift of eternal life You died for me to have. I ask that You forgive me of my sins, and come into my heart to live and be Lord of my life all the days of my life. I surrender my life to You today. I thank You for the gift of salvation that You have so graciously given me. And I thank you that my name is now written in the Lambs book of life. I ask that You now come and lead me today and show me how to live, and follow You. I thank you for all these things in Jesus Name I pray Amen.

If you just prayed this prayer I want to be the first to welcome you into the Kingdom of God. If you have prayed this prayer from your heart, I'd love to hear from you. Please email me at journeyoflifetime2009@gmail.com . I'd love to hear your testimonies as well. ---Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment