Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Journey 21b

We are to submit ourselves a living sacrifice--- wholly submitted to the Lord. Fully surrendered to the Lord with no back up plan for us to fall back on.

Pastor asked this question " How surrendered are you to the Lord? I ask myself the same thing and I am not quite sure what the answer is. I know I want and desire to live a life that is fully surrendered, but I'm not sure how to do that, I don't know what that looks like or even how to apply it.

Pastor also said that being fully surrendered is to be a follower of Jesus and not just an admirer of Him. Lord God please forgive me if I have just been an admirer of You, and not a follower. How many of us have kept a rope tied to our ankle connecting us to the World ( control, carnal desires, the flesh etc, ) ? He also asked " Do you want to be a follower or an admirer? The difference is Surrender.

Lord this is my prayer, please hear my heart and not just my words. You've asked me some tough questions tonight, and my heart is grieved to think that I'm not pleasing to You or that I'm doing things wrong, but I also see how very much You love me, because if You didn't love me, You wouldn't care about where I am in my walk with You, so for that I thank You. I love You Lord so much, and I really truly want to be that first tree. I really want to be fully surrendered to You, so that at the slightest and lightest whisper You send my way, I will immediately Yield to You and Obey You, without hesitation follow You. I don't know how to do that in and of myself. I can't do it without You. Please Help Me. Don't let me leave tonight undecided Lord. I don't just want the goodie goodie feelings. I want to serve You, and even follow You, please show me how. Show me what that looks like, and how to apply that to my life Lord. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

I have questions in my heart. What does the Lord want me to do for Him, as far as applying my spiritual gifts. I know the Lord has a purpose and a plan for my life. He's given me Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. I've been seeing this verse in several different settings I've been in. Tonight at break a man came up to me and was telling me that I was such a encourager, and that this verse is for me. I've been seeing it in several different settings I've been in. God is so good. I just don't know where I fit in, in the Kingdom. I have so much work to do emotionally and spiritually. I'm just so glad and thankful that He's here to help me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment