Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Journey, Part 24 Update

Yesterday I went to the church to help do some stuff. I was talking to my Care Pastor about my blog when I got emotional, and began telling her about how my heart was still pretty tender about the whole healing thing. Upon hearing this we ended up in an unplanned counseling session. God did some amazing things, He showed me that I was still dealing with rejection from my childhood, stuff I thought I had long since dealt with.

I received an answer of why I wasn't physically healed. After months of searching and praying, to the Lord asking Him why because I was certain that I had heard Him correctly, and had even received confirmation through my friend. That even months after I been through the fire, I still felt in my heart that I had heard Him correctly. But the physical healing still hadn't manifested, so I must not heard right. I was saying to her that I had no idea there had been so much stuff still in my life from my childhood and that maybe the healing the Lord had told me would happen on October 17,2008 was not a physical healing, but instead an emotional one. As soon as I heard the words come out of my mouth, I knew the Lord had given me the answer, I had so longed for. I knew the healing was an emotional healing. So you see the healing did come, it just did not happen in the way I had expected. Is the promise of physical healing still there, yes it is, in fact the Lord spoke to me this morning about it from His Word in Psalms 37:5 " Commit you way to the Lord, Trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass ". I have assurance that My God is not a man that He should lie. He always fulfills His Word, and His promises to His children. Isaiah 55:11 says " So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it ".

So you may be asking after all this does she still believe that she will be healed physically? The answer to that is YES, absolutely without doubt. So I will continue to wait on the promise that I know my Lord gave me.

In order for the Lord to do the work that He wanted to do in me, I had to be broken and poured out for Him. Do I understand it all, no, and I don't know if I ever will. But I do know that I am so very thankful to my Lord for doing it, because if I hadn't gone through the hurt, and it really was a great hurt. I wouldn't be who I am today, and where I am in my walk with Him today. So for that I am eternally grateful to Him.

Being a Christian ( A Christ follower) doesn't mean that all your problems go away the moment you accept Him into your heart. It means that you are not alone, that He is always with you, giving you the strength you need to get through the storms in your life, 2 Corinthians 12:9b-10c says And He said to me, "........My strength is made perfect in weakness.........For when I am weak, then I am strong. In other words when we are weak He is strong. We can lean on His strength and trust that He will get us through each and every storm we go through, that He knows what is best for us and will not misguide us. I know He has for me, and I know He will for you too.---Believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment