Monday, May 11, 2009

Journey, Part 13

When I was thirty-five the Lord had showed me the passage of scripture about the man at the pool of Bethesda. John 5:1-14 After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew, Bethesda, having five porches. 3 In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, paralyzed, waiting for the moving of the water. 4 For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had. 5 Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, "Do you want to be made well?" 7 The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me." 8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." 9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. And that day was the Sabbath. 10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed." 11 He answered them, "He who made me well said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.'" 12 Then they asked him, "Who is the Man who said to you, 'Take up your bed and walk'?" 13 But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place. 14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

I had kept it to myself . But the reason I was intrigued by it so much was because the man was thirty-eight years old when he was healed. At the time the Lord showed me this, I was thirty-five. I was afraid to get my hopes up and didn't want to tell anyone for fear they would think I was crazy or something. I already believed my family was simply pacifying me on this issue so I thought it would be best kept to myself. Three years later I did end up telling my Care Pastor and my friend. And they were extremely supportive. Not that my family isn't supportive, I just think they don't want to see me get hurt.

In the Summer of 2008 I heard the Lord tell me that I was to start going to the church every day to pray for thirty days. When I told my friend about it she got all excited, and said she wanted to do it too. So began the most amazing season of life that we have ever had. It was a time of deep intercession, along with praise and worship before the Lord. He revealed many things to us, and I think we both fell even more in love with our Jesus. There were times when His presence was so strong that all we could do is kneel in total silence before Him.

We met weekly with our Care Pastor to make sure that we were held accountable, as we all agreed that accountability is essential. It was a time of great joy, and tears, as we laughed a lot and cried a lot for the body of Christ, as a whole.

As we neared the end of the thirty days, we both felt impressed upon by the Lord that we were to continue to pray for another thirty days, and then from there and indefinite amount of time. So the journey continued.

During this time both of our schedules were extremely busy, and I really believe it was God that was keeping me going. But giving up was not an option.

The prayer times became even more intense. And we became even more hungry for the Lord. Each of us were spending hours a day in prayer both at the church and at home. I know for myself I wanted so much of my Lord. I actually wanted to see Him. I mean really see Him, with my physical eyes. We kept pressing into the things that He wanted us to pray about.---Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment