Friday, May 1, 2009

Journey, Part 2

As a little girl I remember always wanting lots of hugs and loves. I grew up in a very loving home, and like any great parents, my parents always gave out hugs and love without question to my two older sisters and myself, they spent lots of time with us, and we had many big family dinners, all the time. We were and still are a very close family.

I was and still am the really sensitive one of the three of us girls. Not that my older sisters weren't (aren't ) sensitive, they are, and they are my best friends, but I'm the one that can cry at the drop of a hat during a " Little House On The Prairie " episode, lol.

I remember always wanting the extra attention, not because I wanted to be the center of attention, but because there was just this place inside of me, that always felt empty and longing to be loved. I was just to young to understand why I felt that way.

Because I was born with Cerebral Palsy, I got stared at because of the way I walked and occasionally called names by the other kids I went to school with, I had a low self esteem. I hated all the attention that my walk caused. I never felt sorry for myself, still sometimes it hurt. Thankfully my parents had, and were raising me to believe I could do whatever I wanted for the most part, with a few exceptions. But still, it was always uncomfortable to say the least. Every kid just wants to fit in, to be liked. I became friends with the kids who no body else liked, I figured hey at least I had some friends. I tell you all of this to give you an idea of where I was coming from as a little girl. God bless you all.---Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment