Sunday, May 3, 2009

Journey, Part 3

When I last wrote, I was speaking of my childhood. But as you know children grow, and so my story continues.

When I was seven or eight years old, being Christians my parents let me be involved with the Good News Club. A group of people from a church close to the school where I went, would come pick us up on a bus and take us to the church and talk to us about Jesus. It was like going to Sunday school except it was during the week. It was a lot of fun, we sang songs, and learned that Jesus is God's one and only Son, that God loved us so much that He sent Jesus to save us ( all of mankind ) from our sins by dieing on the cross so we could be forgiven of our sins and have everlasting life with Him ( John 3:16). That He rose from the dead, and is now back in Heaven with His Father, God. It was during one of the times that the teacher asked if any of us wanted to ask Jesus into our hearts, and ask him to forgive us of our sins and then we would one day be with Him in heaven. Now from a little kids perspective I knew I didn't want to go to spend eternity in hell, and I knew that I wanted Jesus in my heart. So with that understanding I asked Jesus into my heart. And my life would never be the same again. ---Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment